Saturday, June 7, 2008

THREE

I wrote the “Stuff of Dreams” entry below shortly after waking this morning, and for several hours after, I mulled over the images in my mind - always looking for a meaning, symbol or message. My immediate attention was drawn to the scene with my mother, father and my sister. My sister, Mary Beth died in 1981. My father died in 1997. My mother is alive at the age of 88, although in failing health.

I opened my much prized “Watch Your Dreams” book (Ann Ree Colton) and turned to mourning dove. “A preparation to receive news of a death; one who grieves for souls sinning.”

Before I began my dream exploration, I started to write this:

          Today I am aware of three. Today is 06.07.08. Three numbers which       equal (6+7+8=21 2+1=) 3. I logged on to my mail… www (3) aol (3) com (3). I had three new messages. I am reading “conversations with God” book 3. When I closed the book last night, I was on page 213 in Chapter 13.

Now I am aware of other “three’s”. In my dream, it was mom, dad and sis - 3. My father’s birthday is 06.10.08 which is three days from today. Also in my dream I was in the company of three women on bicycles.

Several years ago, I dreamt of being in Church and the pastor said to me, “I’m sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.” Three days after that dream, she passed away.

                                          Three (3)

The third dimension - we do things in threes so they will manifest in our physical realm.

It's roots stem from the meaning of multiplicity. Creative power; growth. Three is a moving forward of energy, overcoming duality, expression, manifestation and synthesis. Three is the first number to which the meaning "all" was given. It is The Triad, being the number of the whole as it contains the beginning, a middle and an end.

The power of three is universal and is the tripartide nature of the world as heaven, earth, and waters. It is human as body, soul and spirit. Notice the distinction that soul and spirit are not the same. They are not. Three is birth, life, death. It is the beginning, middle and end. Three is a complete cycle unto itself. It is past, present, future.

The symbol of three is the triangle. Three interwoven circles or triangles can represent the indissoluble unity of the three persons of the trinity. Others symbols using three are: trident, fleur-de-lis, trefoil, trisula, thunderbolt, and trigrams.

The astral or emotional body stays connected to the physically body for three days after death. There is scientific evidence that the brain, even when all other systems are failing takes three days to register complete shutdown.

There are 3 phases to the moon. Lunar animals are often depcited as 3 legged.

Three is the heavenly number, representing soul, as four represents body. Together the two equal seven (3+4=7 ) and form the sacred hebdomad. The 3x4=12 representing the signs of the Zodiac and months of the year.

Pythagorean three means completion.

There are three wishes, genies have three wishes, three leprecons, three prince or princesses, three witches, three weird sisters among others.

Right now it is nearly 1300 hours.  Eastern Standard time. I am going to close, now, but will continue to sharpen my awareness as to what the rest of the day may bring.


Tags: ,

No comments: