Sunday, July 6, 2008

Things of Dreams

Horoscope for Sagittarius

Sunday, July 6, 2008: When dreams become more real, they can also be less tempting. Today your desires can lead you down a beautiful and unfamiliar path, but the closer you get to the end of it, the less certain you are about your choice. Remember, there is a delicate line between fantasy and reality now, and it’s easy for you to cross over it from both directions.

               <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I dreamt last night about books and towels. There was an impromptu, unofficial contest between two people - one a neighbor I’ll call Elle, and the other a man whom I have a sense was a brother. They were each given a stack of pink bath towels and were to fold them in a specific period of time. I was the judge. The man won, and Elle was a sore loser, saying the towels weren’t properly folded and the loose strings from the tattered edges hadn’t been removed. One definition for towel suggests that I need to deal with my emotions in order to move forward in my life. I need to find some sort of a resolution. Alternatively, it represents completion, a fresh start and new transition. The dream continued with me on a chair placing the towels on a shelf in an office. I was having to stack the books to the one side to make room for the towels. While I was doing this, in walked Anita and her assistant. In real life, Anita is a local business woman, former mayor for the beach, and is running for county commission against Ray who has been our district commissioner for twenty years. Anita was wearing a bright red suit coat (the brightness was notable). The office was that of the county commissioner, and “her assistant” was actually Ray’s assistant. (Maybe this dream is precognitive - maybe Anita will win the election. ) Another young woman came in talking to me about whether I had put the scan decals on the books. I was wanting to pay attention to Anita’s conversation with her assistant, and the woman about the scans on the books was distracting me. She was telling me that some of the books had already been scanned, so we won’t get credit for them, or the next person won’t because we had some from Alaska, some from California and some from Ohio. I half listened and nodded that it was OK. As I drifted out of sleep this morning, my mind carried a sense of four books - four golden books. That thought lingered with me as I slowly came to consciousness. And then my mind corrected it to include one of those books was silver, and had a shiny silver insignia on the front cover, as if this one were the silver anniversary edition. (To see books in a dream indicates calmness. I will advance toward my goals at a slow and steady pace. Books also symbolize knowledge, intellect, information and wisdom. To see a bookshelf represents the various levels of your mind where ideas, concepts and memories are kept. It also suggests a need to acquire information or knowledge in a situation before making a decision.)

Colors: Pink represents love, joy, sweetness, happiness, affection, kindness. Being in love or healing through love is also implied with this color. Red is an indication of raw energy, force, vigor, intense passion, aggression, power, courage and passion. The color red has deep emotional and spiritual connotations. Red is also the color of danger, shame, sexual impulses and urges. Silver represents justice and purity. It is symbolic of some protective energy.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary

No comments: